Friday, October 13, 2006

Even Superman Gets Old...


You know its funny...

Ive been told that I need to stop going non-stop becuase sooner or later its gonna catch up with me. Despite hearing that I continued to pile work on top of myself until the work started piling more work on me by itself! At first I was cool with getting 2 hours of sleep per night, but as expectations grew and grew with no let up, I started to physically feel the effects of stress...uh oh!

About a year ago I was convinced that I was just like Superman...not human and forced to live and conform to society's view of weaker individuals, also known as "the average student", but I was definitely more than average. I thought I was the best thing since sliced bread! Who else would leave class only to get on a plane first class, fly to a comp penthouse on south beach to produce a fashion show, work in a studio that Pharrell left out of hours before with the hottest upcoming artists, get back on a first class flight and be back before clas Monday? And all at the expense of sleep. The problem is that because I never let anyone know what I was doing, everyone assumed I was doing nothing, so they gave me more things to do. I haven't even told my parents much about what's been going on in my life lately. Granted it is exciting, respectable, and perfectly legal, I just feel like they wouldnt understand. I'm getting to a point in my life where that "grown" feeling is starting to set in. I don't really have much interest in the trivial things like I used to. Nor do I feel the need to hide anything from anyone. I am an open book...a very stubborn open book. Funny part about it is that now that I am willing to share the cracks and crevices of GodFather Don Dash...no one believes me, or wants to listen. LOL! Alanis Morisette had it right.

In other news, I am working on the next album if any artists actually read this and are interested in getting on. Check me out at http://myspace.com/slapdashprod

To my Savior: I praise You
To my family: I love you
To the readers: I thank you

To the hater(s): I need you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home