Thursday, December 22, 2005

Deep Inside A Don, Part II


...For about 8 years my piano teacher, Cameron Warner, would come to my house once a week and teach me different fundamentals, techniques, and musical theories regarding reading music. Every week at the end of my lesson I would ask him to play whatever piece he left for me once, so I could "hear how it sounded". Little did he know that I NEVER understood what the notes on the pag really meant, or how to read them, but my ear was so detailed that I could play exactly what he played when he came back that next week. My mother finally figured it out when she started watching me practice...with no sheet music! She immediately took me out of lessons b/c it was a waste of money at that point. So there it is...I never really learned how to read music, I go strictly off of what I hear, and lately, what God has put in my soul.

About 4 years ago I completely stopped watching television (well, music videos to be exact) and listening to the radio b/c I needed to develop my own sound. A purely sonic representation of what I am, unadulterated by the perverse shell of what used to be a reputable industry. I had to disappear off of the face of the planet for a minute, and I'll admit that it took a while, but I think I'm finally ready. I parallel it to how there is nothing documented about Jesus Christ between the ages of approximately 18-30 (don't quote me on that).

Last night I dreamt of snow and thoughts of all the family I have lost dwelled on my spirit...what does this mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home