Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Been a while...Here's a quick overview


OK...Sorry I was gone for so long, but let me bring you up to speed on the happenings of 2006. In the beginning of the year I set out to make this a very memorable and successful year. I spent a lot of time with the fam earlier in the year because I knew that it would be getting pretty hectic around...now. On March 22nd, 2006, I completed "The Odyssey Of A Corporate Looney Tune" and thus began the real odyssey. Getting a finished project out to the public is a lot harder then completing the project despite popular belief. I slowly leaked it out to a few trusted individuals to get some feedback and discovered that my album might just be a classic! Friends told friends who told family who told pets who told officers, and before I knew it I had a small fan base before the album was officially released! There's a lot of red tape that goes into releasing an album and it has definitely been a learning experience, but 6 months and 2 release parties later I am in a nationally distributed magazine (OZONE October 2006 pg. 91), I have an agent (Shout out to C.P.) have been approached about opening for some MAJOR artists, and I have a live band! Make sure you go check out The Odyssey Live coming soon to a venue near you. Now...I would be remiss if I didnt discuss the "hateration" I have encountered as of late. There have been accusations of me being dishonest to some people, and I'm going to clear the air right now. The one starting these rumors/accusations needs to be mentally evaluated immediately. Once you start getting random people's numbers and trying to have dinner with them to discuss starting an "anti-J. Dash" facebook group...you know I actually take that as a compliment. Years ago I was able to witness a major artist's baby's mama go crazy and start trying to destroy his life. The lady was obviously insane, and it was a thorn in his side, but in my eyes he was larger than life and those were just some of the things that larger than life people went through. I had no idea that my life was having this kind of effect on people! Anyway, with that said I will no longer entertain middle-school foolishness. To the readers, make sure you go to http://myspace.com/slapdashprod starting tomorrow and purchase my album online! Stay posted...IM BACK!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home